Monday, May 16, 2011

Nantucket Lemonade


Man! I am just on a BBQ roll! First the BBQ pulled pork, then the grilled Corn on the Cob, now a dressed-up Lemonade... I guess it's no secret that I'm ready for summertime and barbecues!!!


I only made this because I saw some SUPER CUTE napkins at the market that had a little picture on one side and the recipe on the other. I thought they would make a fun accessory to serve with the drinks on my table for a BBQ. 

This was so fun to make, because it was pretty for serving, and because it was a fun, new twist on the good 'ol fashioned lemonade! We all had so much fun with it that I had to share it! :)


Recipe: 

  • 5 cups Lemonade
  • 2 cups Cranberry Juice
  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
  • 2 cups chilled Ginger Ale
  • * Optional: 3 cups Vodka

Healthy Alteration: 

  • 5 cups Crystal Light Lemonade (or another low/no sugar version)
  • 2 cups Diet Cranberry Juice (these very low sugar versions usually taste very similar the their fully-sugared counterparts, so this is an easy health swap to make.)
  • 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
  • 2 cups chilled Ginger Ale, diet or low sugar if you can find it :)
Stir all the chilled ingredients together, and add 2 trays (32 large ice cubes) of ice cubes right before serving:
Aren't these the cutest little napkins!

Doesn't it make such a festive looking drink station for a fun, summery BBQ!

You could also throw in a few lemons that have been sliced into pretty little circular slices to float in this beautiful lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment